WB Student Credit Card Scheme
Under the visionary leadership of Mamata Banerjee, Hon’ble Chief Minister, West Bengal, The Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal has introduced the Student Credit Card Scheme for the students of West Bengal to enable them to pursue education without having any financial constraints. This scheme is designed to support the students to pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate and post graduate studies including professional degree and other equivalent courses in any School, Madrasah, College, University and other affiliated institutes within and outside India. Students studying in various coaching institutions for appearing in different competitive examinations like Engineering, Medical, Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS etc, can also avail the loan under this scheme.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme at a Glance:
- Maximum Loan amount of Ten Lakhs can be obtained (Simple Interest 4% per annum).
- State Co-operative Banks /Central Co-operative Banks /District Central Co-operative Banks or Public /Private Sector Banks will sanction the loan amount.
- 1% interest concession will be provided to the borrower if the interest is fully serviced during the study period.
- The Upper age limit is forty at the time of applying for the Loan.
- The Maximum duration of repayment period is fifteen Years (Including the Moratorium / repayment Holiday)
- For more details, please go through the West Bengal Students Credit Card Scheme in this portal https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/